Keep it Buttery Smooth (Daily Care)
Here’s how to keep your leather buttery smooth and en route to age like fine wine. It’s all part of the timeless finish and our leather care techniques are meant to offer a lifetime of fun and play with your MANDRN leather.
- Don't forget to stay hydrated but keep water away from your genuine leather. Okay, we get it. Sometimes its hard to control spontaneous moments of dancing in the rain at a music festival or just chasing the day wherever it may take you. If your MANDRN leather does get wet we always recommend letting it dry out naturally without the help of a hairdryer, or any other source of heat, including sunlight.
- We think sunshine is essential and the recipe for the perfect day. Except when it comes to storing your leather. As a best practice store your leather in a cool, dark place away from direct sunlight and keep it in a pouch, protective dust bag or inside our cotton reusable bag for extra protection.
- Canadian tuxedos are a forever mood, and honestly anything with denim is a vibe. While rocking this look watch out for your leather bag around denim or dark colors that easily stain especially with our lighter shades of leather. The ink may go onto your bag so its best to keep a safe distance.
- Keep up the cleaning party on the regular with a damp cloth. Make sure the cloth is damp, not wet, and is free of chemicals as these may damage the leather. Wipe your bag down this way weekly or monthly. If you do nothing else in the way of care, do this!
These are just a few quick and simple daily tricks to preserve your bag. To follow a more detailed routine that includes use of a leather cleaner, waxes or conditioning, and proper storage. See instructions below!
How to Pack Protection (Pre-wear)
So you got your first pack? Meet your new bestie and the daily essential you’ll never leave home without. What comes next?
- We recommend purchasing a quality leather conditioner or cream. To keep things creamy and maintain the classic MANDRN look. Since leather conditioners are often lotion-like, its best to massage directly onto the bag with your fingertips, let it soak in and fully absorb before bag use. Don't forget to test before you commit! When purchasing a new leather protector or conditioner, always test a small section first. We recommend the back of the strap as a good starting point.
- If your product is made from suede leather, avoid these types of products and see ‘Suede Leather Cleaning’ instructions below.
- Double up on protection with a waterproof spray. This treatment typically needs to be done once a year, but we like to re-apply the spray after every winter season.
NOTE: If your product is made from suede leather, avoid these types of products and see ‘Suede Leather Cleaning’ instructions below.
Loving Your Leather (Stain Removal)
From accidental rosé drips to a strawberry slip, stains are often a sign of good times. While we'll never get in the way of your fun we always recommend removing stains as soon as possible. Here are some tips and tricks to remove unwanted stains from your leather for maximum leather love!
- Pen marks: This is one of the trickiest stains to remove from leather. Grab a clean, dry white eraser to erase the mark from your bag. Please note that this will likely also remove some of the leather’s dye. Next, apply leather conditioner to a clean cloth and rub down your entire bag. Leave your bag in a dry space overnight.
- Grease & oil stains: If grease or oil come into contact with your bag, immediately apply corn starch or talcum powder to the stain and the surrounding area. Wait 15-20 minutes, then grab an old toothbrush and gently rub the stain.
- Other wear-and-tear spots: Apply leather conditioner to a clean cloth and rub down on the spot and your entire bag. Leave your bag in a dry space overnight.
If these tricks don’t work for you, we recommend bringing your leather bag to a dry-cleaning professional who might be able to help.
Travel light. Move freely. Live positively.